Injured working for the United States Postal Service (USPS)?
If you have been injured working for the United States Postal Service (USPS), you should follow these steps:
- Immediately notify your supervisor of your injury. Your supervisor will need to complete an injury report, which will be used to start the workers’ compensation process.
- Seek medical attention. You should see a doctor as soon as possible after your injury. The doctor will be able to diagnose your injury and provide you with treatment.
- File a workers’ compensation claim. You can file a workers’ compensation claim online or by mail. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, and Social Security number
- The date and time of your injury
- A description of your injury
- The name and contact information of your doctor
- Attend all doctor’s appointments. It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions and attend all of your appointments. This will help you to recover from your injury and ensure that you receive the care, therapy and benefits you are entitled to.
- Contact a workers’ compensation attorney. If you have any questions about the workers’ compensation process, you should contact a workers’ compensation attorney. An attorney can help you to file your claim, negotiate with the USPS, and ensure that you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful: