Code of Federal Regulations

The OWCP Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is a set of regulations that govern the administration of the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA). The FECA provides benefits to federal employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their employment with the federal government.

The OWCP CFR covers a wide range of topics related to FECA benefits, including:

  • Eligibility for benefits
  • Notice of injury or illness
  • Medical treatment
  • Compensation payments
  • Rehabilitation services
  • Dispute resolution

The OWCP CFR is a complex and detailed document, but it is an important resource for federal employees who are seeking benefits under the FECA.

Here is a summary of some of the key provisions of the OWCP CFR:

  • To be eligible for benefits under the FECA, a federal employee must be injured or become ill in the course of their employment. The injury or illness must be causally related to the employment, and it must be disabling.
  • Employees must file a timely notice of injury or illness with their employing agency. The notice must be filed within 30 days of the injury or illness.
  • Employees are entitled to medical treatment for injuries or illnesses that are covered by the FECA. The medical treatment must be provided by a provider who is approved by the OWCP.
  • Employees are entitled to compensation payments if they are unable to work due to their injury or illness. The compensation payments are based on the employee’s wages and the extent of their disability.
  • The OWCP provides rehabilitation services to help employees who are injured or ill return to work. These services may include job training, counseling, and financial assistance.
  • Employees who disagree with a decision made by the OWCP have the right to appeal that decision. Appeals are heard by the Employees’ Compensation Appeals Board (ECAB).

The OWCP CFR is a valuable resource for federal employees who are seeking benefits under the FECA. If you have any questions about your rights under the FECA, you should contact the OWCP or an attorney who specializes in FECA law.